Summer fun in Colorado June 23-30, 2018
Summer is heating up in Colorado and there is no shortage of fun things to do the rest of June! Check out our roundup of festivals and music events in and around the city.
1. South Platte River Fest- June 23rd
The 6th annual South Platte RiverFest returns to the water! Try out a stand up paddleboard in Cherry Creek or take a kayak down the boat chute in the South Platte River. Take a break on Shoemaker Plaza and listen to live music. Food and beverages will be available for purchase from the food court and on-site bars, with proceeds benefiting The Greenway Foundation. You do not want to miss this event! For more info, check out http://www.thegreenwayfoundation.org/south-platte-riverfest.html
2. Colorado Renaissance Festival: June 16-Aug. 5, Larkspur Enjoy this celebration of magical realms that goes through August 5 (weekends only). Don’t miss the well-played comedy acts, jousting competitions, Big Cats, and more, plus a festival menu that includes those famous turkey drumsticks!
Here's a groupon for up to 50% off:
3. Cherry Blossom Festival- June 23 and 24 Denver
The 46th annual Cherry Blossom Festival is back in Denver. You can celebrate Japanese culture with food, live performances, demonstrations, and more. You can also find vendors, Japanese goods and Cherry blossomed themed items.
4. 420 Games- June 23, Denver
The 420 Games have gained global media recognition as one of the most unique events out there. Come out for the 3rd Annual Colorado 420 Games and join professional athletes, executives, families and thousands of other healthy Cannabis users for a day of athletics and fun all built in advocacy to break the stigma of cannabis use!
The THIRD ANNUAL COLORADO 420 GAMES WILL BE A “420 DECATHLON” FEATURING 10 UNIQUE AND FUN ATHLETIC ACTIVITIES TO TEST YOUR SPEED, STRENGTH, POWER, STAMINA & MENTAL PROWESS!
5. Westword Music Fest- June 23 Denver
The Westword Music Showcase returns to the Golden Triangle on Saturday, June 23! Our 24th annual music festival will be better than ever, with such national headliners as Galantis, Bonobo (live), St. Lucia, The Front Bottoms, Joywave, Phantoms, Treepeople, MAGIC GIANT, Sunflower Bean and Tracksuit Wedding, with more to be announced, as well as more local bands than you can hear in a day, performing at venues throughout the neighborhood.
6. Greeley Stampede: June 22-July 4, Greeley This festival is packed with events and activities: concerts, bull fighting, a kids rodeo, and a demolition derby to name just a few. New to the Stampede are the Brushes & Bulls guided painting event and the Cowboy Games themed obstacle course.
7. Dive-in Movie: Despicable Me 3- June 29th